Pullet Eggs

I would give them a little time myself. At least 2-4 weeks to make sure everything is good. Meanwhile I am cracking the eggs making sure they are fertile. its all in what you want. Some people wait and some dont. I think the more experience you have with chickens it seems you wait a little longer. When your new its hard to wait. Ive been there and done that.

the 3 pullet eggs that i put in are smaller than my d'uccle eggs that they are in with but they are fertil and developing nicly. the chicks might be small but thats from the small size of the eggs and the fact that they are pullets that have just started laying so the eggs are actully starting to get bigger now and i might incubat some more in a few months. they will be mixed with yokohama's and pheniox as they are currently in the same pen but i'm kool with that for now

They started laying in December so it has been 5 weeks since they started just wasn't sure what to look for as far as hatching them went. Guess I will give it a try and see how it goes.

I saw this thread and wanted to see how the pullet eggs turned out. I'm hatching some Silver Ameraucanas from another club member, and I was wondering what sort of success I could expect. When I candled at 7 days, all eggs were showing development. Probably 5 of the 13 I received are pullet eggs. Do you mind sharing how your hatch went?

I saw this thread and wanted to see how the pullet eggs turned out. I'm hatching some Silver Ameraucanas from another club member, and I was wondering what sort of success I could expect. When I candled at 7 days, all eggs were showing development. Probably 5 of the 13 I received are pullet eggs. Do you mind sharing how your hatch went?

My first pullet hatch I had 20 out of 27 hatch and all were healthy. They were all pullet eggs. The babies started out a little smaller than the other babies I have raised but they grew so fast it didn't take them long to catch up with the babies from hen eggs. My second hatch was 22 out of 35 but there were quite a few I wasn't sure if were developing properly before lockdown so I figure those are the ones that didn't hatch. One died upon hatching due to being deformed but still hatching out okay and two others had bone deformities. (One has a crooked neck the other has a leg that won't straighten totally) but both of these seem to be doing well with just vitamins, feeding and seem to be growing well. Good luck on your hatch hopefully all goes well.

Lily

Hey everyone, I have a question about the nutrition of Pullet Eggs.

Since the Bird is still young do they have a lot less nutrition then a full-grown, older bird(s)?

That was my main question but please feel free to add anything about the nutrition of pullet eggs compared to "regular" full grown eggs.

Thanks in advance!

I hatched my blue marans pullet eggs (first 6 she laid) 5 developed. Sometimes the babies will be a little smaller than the regular egg babies but they catch right up. I have been hatching pullet eggs for years now and no problems at all, as long as they are fertile, its all good.

I apologize. I realized a few minutes after I posted my question that it was probably in the wrong section, or perhaps even the wrong type of forums. Was doing some searches trying to find out info about Pullet Eggs in general. Mainly about the nutrition and this was one of the only forums I came across.

When I mean nutrition I meant like when you cook/eat Pullet eggs instead of regular ones. The place I get Eggs from has both Pullet and Reg Eggs to buy, so I was curious if the Eggs from Grown Chicks/Hens are better for your health then the Pullet Eggs. Since the thought came across maybe since they are fully grown they produce a "better" more healthier egg to eat.

If anyone knows that would be great, if not then I'm sorry again for bumping this thread :)

Back
Top Bottom