Pullet laid first egg, now is constantly in nesting box?

I put golf balls as well as real eggs in the nest boxes, I even put one in the nest box when she went under the box where she has been laying but she just looked at me like "yeah, right" and jumped out, left the coop and pooped her egg out in the run!! Stinker!!

I use one large community nest thats very private in the back of their coop and everyone of my hens lay there regularly except for my barred rock. Somedays she will lay in the nest box with the others but the next it'll be in the run or coop. I even gave her her own nest box for a while but she did the same so I removed it.They either use the nest boxes or they don't if they're locked up but if they're free ranged they're liable to lay anywhere.Its a game of hide and seek.

I use one large community nest thats very private in the back of their coop and everyone of my hens lay there regularly except for my barred rock. Somedays she will lay in the nest box with the others but the next it'll be in the run or coop. I even gave her her own nest box for a while but she did the same so I removed it.They either use the nest boxes or they don't if they're locked up but if they're free ranged they're liable to lay anywhere.Its a game of hide and seek.
Yep, I'm looking all around the run and grassy area to find eggs!!!

Back
Top Bottom