Pullet limping for a week now

Chicken Lass

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 22, 2009
My Sussex pullet has been limping for a week now. I think she may have fallen/landed off the roost wrong or something last Tuesday, because that's when she started. She has no bumblefoot and is completely normal acting except for the limping. Could a sprain last this long? Will it just take some time? I just hope she didn't break or fracture anything. I'm guessing it might be her hip and not her leg that's giving her problems, though I could be wrong. Thanks to anyone who knows what to do about a lame chicken.

Does she seem to be in any pain?? Dealing with that might help. I would think limiting her movement some too. I have read where some people put them in slings to give them rest. I am new to this so not a lot of help!!! I have a 7 month old Buff orpington Roo ( my avatar pic, George) that has been limping for about a month. Still gets around fine, more difficult to get on the girls. Not sure on cause. I give him ASA intermittently for pain. He grew really fast and it seems like a joint thing. No signs of infection or injury. Hope your Sussex is feeling better soon.
smile.png

Thanks ladrholman,
I don't know if she's in any pain except for the limping, but she's her usual cheerful self and keeps up with the others. When I let them out in the mornings I have been taking her off the roost myself so she doesn't land and make it worse. I guess I'll continue to help her out and see if she gets better. Her name's Aelfwyn and she's a cute little pullet, starting to get more speckles on her! Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom