Pullet not extending her neck

Itz_Kitkat

Chirping
Dec 6, 2020
Grande Prairie Alberta
Hello, I noticed my pullet Luna being sluggish a couple days ago, so I watched her for a bit and noticed that she wasn’t extending her neck. She drinks fine a bit of a hard time eating and preening. She is a bit under weight and weak. Her poops come out kinda runny and chunky. She is 3 months old. I did see a mite on her while holding her, would this cause this ?
Is this a disease? I will get pictures of her, but stool pictures will have to wait till the morning.

It sounds like she could be hunched, and coccidiosis is a possibility. It causes runny poops, lack of appetite, puffing up, and lethargy. Corid (amprollium) can treat it. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days. Mites or lice can be treated with permethrin 0.5% spray or the garden dust at least 2-3 times at 7 day intervals.

It sounds like she could be hunched, and coccidiosis is a possibility. It causes runny poops, lack of appetite, puffing up, and lethargy. Corid (amprollium) can treat it. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days. Mites or lice can be treated with permethrin 0.5% spray or the garden dust at least 2-3 times at 7 day intervals.
I thinking cocci but I didn’t think it would cause her neck to be like that
The pictures don’t really show the problem but the neck it stuck like that basically
9C75D24D-9C45-4869-BA79-9BB3F1FA49EC.jpeg

F97780A7-78D9-46C4-938C-3941C6013005.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom