Pullet or cockerel. 10 weeks old.

Egg two under the broody got cracked (lightly, probably not going to develop but I left it there anyways) .. so only one viable egg. (This allways happens with this hen) the egg is only on day one, so not much to do. I moved the hen to the brooder just to make sure the other egg does not crack. Tuesday will be day three and the day I should see some development. (Light brown eggs nearly white)
Good luck! Crossing my fingers for you!!!

Good luck! Crossing my fingers for you!!!
Thank you, I don’t have much hope, as I never cought them mating (although I haven’t been out too much due to the high pollen) but I have seen him try to win the ladies over, by doing the mating dance. I did crack open the cracked egg, It looked fertile? I think, it had the ring, but only halfway. The white stuff (forgot the name.) looked larger than normal. That, and there was two instead of one.

Another thing is that this hen is older. Going stong broody wise. Egg wise however, she did not lay nearly as many eggs. Last year we got 15 before going broody, this year 9. I’m assuming, in the next couple of years, egg production may slow down, to a allmost complete stop.

So I am really hoping this egg is viable, as it may be our last year to attempt to get offspring. (She was one of our first hens. Gifted by friend. So this may be a legacy thing.. if it ends up being female, or hatches)

Thank you, I don’t have much hope, as I never cought them mating (although I haven’t been out too much due to the high pollen) but I have seen him try to win the ladies over, by doing the mating dance. I did crack open the cracked egg, It looked fertile? I think, it had the ring, but only halfway. The white stuff (forgot the name.) looked larger than normal. That, and there was two instead of one.

Another thing is that this hen is older. Going stong broody wise. Egg wise however, she did not lay nearly as many eggs. Last year we got 15 before going broody, this year 9. I’m assuming, in the next couple of years, egg production may slow down, to a allmost complete stop.

So I am really hoping this egg is viable, as it may be our last year to attempt to get offspring. (She was one of our first hens. Gifted by friend. So this may be a legacy thing.. if it ends up being female, or hatches)
I'm really hoping your egg is fertile and hatches!

Nothing. No development. I will put the cockerels in the main coop tonight.
Hopefully that gives something. I probably will remove the egg tomorrow.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom