Pullet or cockerel. 10 weeks old.

B3332F00-A2BC-489A-B9E1-ACC421C8AD67.jpeg
C462F51D-6BB8-40F1-800F-9D90F98AF246.jpeg

2108EFE5-055D-4892-A6E1-06CBF114B6F8.jpeg
417D883A-6A06-43CB-B3F4-1A2FA0996431.jpeg

Definitely a very difficult one to tell, the hackle feathers look very male to me. But I would have thought the comb would have been a lot bigger by now - although you did say it was a hybrid didn’t you? So perhaps that’s why the comb isn’t as large. I initially thought pullet but I’m now leaning more towards cockerel😕 I’m sure there’s people on here with a lot more experience than me who will give their opinion though, hopefully I’m wrong 🙂

Definitely a very difficult one to tell, the hackle feathers look very male to me. But I would have thought the comb would have been a lot bigger by now - although you did say it was a hybrid didn’t you? So perhaps that’s why the comb isn’t as large. I initially thought pullet but I’m now leaning more towards cockerel😕 I’m sure there’s people on here with a lot more experience than me who will give their opinion though, hopefully I’m wrong 🙂
Ah that sucks, I will have to convince the person I gave the father to to let me breed him to the leghorn again.. I really wanted a leghorn easter egger hen. Oh well.

Wait no, thats just how the this line of EE hackles are- male EE have more puffed up hackles. (Thought you ment sattles)

heres the one in question with a female. that and I think there are some pin feathers coming in. Its hard to tell though, because he/she is nearly 100% white. Later (tomorrow probably) I will try to get the shape of them clearer. 3D382CF7-8A91-42E1-84ED-D0905A15D13F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom