Pullet or Cockerel I need to sell some roo's but who is who?

SimplySplendidSilkies

Songster
9 Years
Apr 11, 2010
Adairsville, GA
What do you think boys? Girls?
Silkie
6 mths
I am selling 2 roo's and I need to make sure these are roo's. I was sure at first but now I am second guessing myself!
No beginning of spurs, teeny tiny wattles, the comb well you can see that yourself! Oh and no crowing from these 2 yet either alhough I do have some the same age crowing. Behavior they act like the girls, but the hackles are throwing me. And the other roo's do not treat then like roo's. I am stumped!
53862_dsc01004.jpg

53862_dsc01002.jpg

53862_dsc00998.jpg

53862_dsc00997.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinkin' roos. Pretty-maybe they just haven't settled into their rooness yet. I have one that has been crowing for weeks but just started doing the dance for the ladies.

That is what I have thought! I want so badly for at least one to be hen. They are so pretty and very sweet. I have a 6 hens but really did not want to get rid of either one of these 2. Please someone tell me there is a chance!
fl.gif

You guys are killling me. I kinda knew before I posted but was so badly hoping I was wrong. Oh well! I really appreciate the help. I will update if either by chance lays an egg. Any of your roo's lay an egg yet? haha. If they continue to get along I may keep both but I will have to decide which one when the time comes. Dang I really wanted to keep both of these.

Back
Top Bottom