Pullet or cockerel?

littlechickenroo

In the Brooder
May 14, 2022
Is this a pullet or cockerel? It's about 12 weeks old in the pictures.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 33
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 34
These probably aren't very good pictures, but can you tell if this brownish one's a pullet or a cockerel?

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 15
What about this gray one?

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 10
Looking at the birds, I'm not 100% certain on the first one, but I see nothing indicating a cockerel. The comb is pale and small, and I feel that male specific feathering would be much more noticeable on the shoulders and saddles at this age if it was male. My guess is pullet, but would it be possible for you to get a close up photo of the back just to be sure?
As for the second one, for sure a pullet. She has female specific feathering and coloring. If she was a cockerel she'd have a black breast, pointed feathers, and the comb would be much more red at this age.

Looking at the birds, I'm not 100% certain on the first one, but I see nothing indicating a cockerel. The comb is pale and small, and I feel that male specific feathering would be much more noticeable on the shoulders and saddles at this age if it was male. My guess is pullet, but would it be possible for you to get a close up photo of the back just to be sure?
As for the second one, for sure a pullet. She has female specific feathering and coloring. If she was a cockerel she'd have a black breast, pointed feathers, and the comb would be much more red at this age.
Here is a picture of the first one's back, but it might not be a very good picture. This picture was taken when it was around 10 weeks old.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom