Pullet or roo?? Plz have a look

Oh dear. Is it the comb and bit of wattle development? It's feathers are rounded on neck and back but I dunno if that makes a difference yet at this age. I have day old pics of wing feathers. If useful.
Also it lays on its back in my hand with feet tucked in with no struggle . And I'm just not familiar with booted bantam breeds but this Lil one has a great bond with me and my family so is there any humane ways to reduce noise by roosters as my neighbours just wouldn't approve.

Yes, at that age pullets simply don't get combs/wattles of that size and color. Having round feathers at this age doesn't matter, either. Usually 10-12 weeks the male feathering - pointy hackle, saddle and sickle feathers - start to come in.

You could look into no-crow collars, and there is also the advantage of him being a bantam - less volume.

I will recommend post more pics like u say at about week 8

Ok.

Beautiful bird Lauren1613! I was just looking at those no-crow collars! Amazing.
But if you'd like to be sure, you can inspect your bird's vent. Usually, the bird will begin moving its vent when you begin sweeping the tail feathers back. If not, you can blow a stream of air at its vent. If you see a pimple on the inside of the upper lip, your bird is a rooster. If no pimple, it will be a hen.

Beautiful bird Lauren1613! I was just looking at those no-crow collars! Amazing.
But if you'd like to be sure, you can inspect your bird's vent. Usually, the bird will begin moving its vent when you begin sweeping the tail feathers back. If not, you can blow a stream of air at its vent. If you see a pimple on the inside of the upper lip, your bird is a rooster. If no pimple, it will be a hen.

Please DO NOT do this!! Vent sexing only works for chicks under a day old, and if not done correctly can seriously injure - even kill - your bird.

Please DO NOT do this!! Vent sexing only works for chicks under a day old, and if not done correctly can seriously injure - even kill - your bird.

Looking at a chickens vent surely wont kill the bird. Neither would blowing air at it. I'm confused because the only way it could hurt the bird was if you squeezed your bird. That is vent sexing. Also, I have been able to spot the pimple on full grown roosters when doing other procedures in the hinder area- so I know you can see it even when they're grown.

Looking at a chickens vent surely wont kill the bird. Neither would blowing air at it. I'm confused because the only way it could hurt the bird was if you squeezed your bird. That is vent sexing. Also, I have been able to spot the pimple on full grown roosters when doing other procedures in the hinder area- so I know you can see it even when they're grown.

If you want to be that way, fine. But do not go and tell others to do something that could hurt their birds.

Back
Top Bottom