Pullet or Roo, that is the question???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lunkerchicken, Jun 12, 2009.

1. lunkerchicken

lunkerchicken Songster

I have been speaking with a fellow BYC'er who has a chicken that I love. We are both unsure whether this is a pullet or a roo. I want to buy her but have to make sure that it is a girl (neighborhood rules and regs! [​IMG]).
    I am once again looking to all you experts out there to let me know what this little 2 month old chicken is, girl or boy??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I look forward to hearing from all of you soon!!! Thanks!!!

2. lunkerchicken

lunkerchicken Songster

BTW, isn't she just beautiful!!!
    [​IMG]

3. ADRIANNA

ADRIANNA Songster

May 25, 2009
    wenatchee
    HHHHHHMMMMMMM I say a pullet [​IMG]

4. Riocotesei

Riocotesei Songster

Aug 15, 2008
    N.Texas
    I have 2 month old polish mixes and the roosters looked like roosers at a month old. What breed is it?
    I think that it is a pullet though.

5. lunkerchicken

lunkerchicken Songster

Right on, a Polish mix.
    The mother was a Golden Laced Frizzle Polish and the father a Black Jersey Giant.

6. Birdgirl

Birdgirl Songster

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    man she sure is shiney...Id guess pullet ..but idk

7. Riocotesei

Riocotesei Songster

Aug 15, 2008
    N.Texas
    Quote:I love being right [​IMG] Lol.
    I think that it's a she for sure now. Wish I had pics of my boys to show you, they are 2 mos. old now.
    Just curious, does she have a single comb in the front and then kind of divide into a v comb in the back?

8. lunkerchicken

lunkerchicken Songster

Quote:I love being right [​IMG] Lol.
    I think that it's a she for sure now. Wish I had pics of my boys to show you, they are 2 mos. old now.
    Just curious, does she have a single comb in the front and then kind of divide into a v comb in the back?

You are correct!! I am not sure on the comb because I still don't have the little chickie. I am just trying to confirm it is a pullet - if so I will be picking up next week. What a great looking bird, huh?
    [​IMG]

9. Riocotesei

Riocotesei Songster

Aug 15, 2008
    N.Texas
    You gotta love polish mixes! I bet she has a green sheen in her feathers in the sun. I wonder if she will get really big like a jersey?

10. lunkerchicken

lunkerchicken Songster

Quote:That is what I originally wanted, a nice big Black Jersey Giant. When I saw this mix though, I fell in love.
    Time will tell on the size! Hoping for a biggie!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: