Pullet or Roo? Think breed is EE...?

My hens do the same thing. It is best to have a see no touch so the new hen does not get to stressed out.
And she looks like a hen to me.
I kinda got lost in the comments, are you saying that your girls can pick on other hens?
I wish I had talked to you Before I introduced my girls to each other...:( cause I think I should have kept them apart. I feel bad that my Gracie (the new chicken ) got picked on the first day. But it's been a week now, and they aren't "best friends" , but they are fine in the same space. But, if I get anther chicken, I WILL remember your advice and only let them See each other....so, thank you:)
Jacquie

Ameraucanas and Araucanas actually came from Easter Eggers, or what most people consider Easter Eggers.
Omg....ok, Now I REALLY confused. Lol:th
I thought EE were the last in line...meaning if you bread and Ameraucana with something else, then it's an EE. And I haven't gotten far enough into reading any info to figure out how an Araucana becomes an Americauna and then into EE....?
So if EE's were first, what do they look like? And where did they come from? Cause I thought Araucana's came from Chilli? So confused! Lol

I'm telling you @Jacquieh for at least 5 years I've been struggling with this question, I'm still getting no where definite :hmm. I have declined from saying one way or another but Someone on here (@junebuggena ) who is really into breeding/genetics gave me this link awhile back to read: http://ameraucana.org/history.html . Feel free to give it a look over. No matter what I think they are pretty cool birds ;).

Last edited:
Omg....ok, Now I REALLY confused. Lol:th
I thought EE were the last in line...meaning if you bread and Ameraucana with something else, then it's an EE. And I haven't gotten far enough into reading any info to figure out how an Araucana becomes an Americauna and then into EE....?
So if EE's were first, what do they look like? And where did they come from? Cause I thought Araucana's came from Chilli? So confused! Lol

Just read the link below, then ask questions. lol

I'm telling you @Jacquieh for at least 5 years I've been struggling with this question, I'm still getting no where definite :hmm. I have declined from saying one way or another but Someone on here (@junebuggena ) who is really into breeding/genetics gave me this link awhile back to read: http://ameraucana.org/history.html . Feel free to give it a look over. No matter what I think they are pretty cool birds ;).
The link isn't working:/
And when I type it in, it does the same thing.

Hey,
So I "thought" my chicken was a girl. I've never had chickens before, so this is new to me. I asked for help with figuring out what sex she was and thought I had it nailed down. Well, yesterday I got her a friend, cause everyone said she needed one. So I got a pretty little Araucana (so sweet and pretty btw). But my EE was aggressive to her. I figure it was like any animals that they needed to get used to each other. But looking at the difference in their legs/feet, how dainty the Araucana is, compared to my EE....and the EE was stepping on the Araucana's back and pecking at her head? So I'm wondering could my first chicken, the EE, in fact be a roo? She (?) has NEVER even tried to crow....she is about 12 weeks. I rescued her, so I can't be positive about age, other than looking at feather development etc. Her comb isn't very big, and she doesn't have those things coming off her jaw. So basically.....HELP. Is her behavior normal, or is she a He? I took lots of pictures to show everyone. So I would greatly appreciate all the advice anyone can give. Thank you, Jacquie
View attachment 1019208 View attachment 1019211
I took this so everyone can see her saddle feathers. I have nothing to compare them to, so I don't know if they are more pointy or not?
View attachment 1019208 View attachment 1019211 View attachment 1019219
Those are her feet....I think (compared to the Araucana's) they look kinda stocky and Big!View attachment 1019233
The left is the new chicken (Araucana) and the right is the EE and the one I'm asking about. This is the behavior that I'm talking about. She steps on the other chickens back. I added this pic to show her full profile.
Anyways, thank you all again.
Jacquie
The first one I'm thinking pullet

Back
Top Bottom