Pullet or Roo

Ryanthenewchickenman

In the Brooder
May 5, 2020
Didn’t exactly know where to post this but I figured this is as good a place as any. This is a roughly 17-18 week old chicken that I bought listed as a pullet. I believe she’s a California Grey but I’m not sure. What makes me question if she is a pullet or not is that her comb is significantly larger and that she’s extra flighty. I’ve attached some pictures of her below.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    639.8 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    927.6 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    862.1 KB · Views: 13
I'm not good at this but I do see what I believe to be "cockerel only/male specific" tail/sickle feathers. I asked for this thread to be moved to the "Gender and Breed ID" thread (just to help you get more folks that are really good at this, to see it) but I see that you've already received a reply from @MysteryChicken and they're good at this.

Last edited:
I'm not good at this but I do see what I believe to be "cockerel only/male specific" tail/sickle feathers. I asked for this thread to be moved to the "Gender and Breed ID" thread (just to help you get more folks that are really good at this, to see it) but I see that you've already received a reply from @MysteryChicken and they're good at this.
Thanks for the tip I didn’t see that thread. I reposted it now

Back
Top Bottom