Pullet or roo?

“The tail feathers on the one in the right are big, but it's possible that it could be a rooster, but I don't see a talons. They both came from a batch of chicks hatched in March. They could have been some of the last in that batch and are closer to 5 months. Hens begin to lay between 18 and 24 weeks and roosters usually crow at 4 to 5 months. The roosters from their batch started to crow about a month ago.” This was her response.

“The tail feathers on the one in the right are big, but it's possible that it could be a rooster, but I don't see a talons. They both came from a batch of chicks hatched in March. They could have been some of the last in that batch and are closer to 5 months. Hens begin to lay between 18 and 24 weeks and roosters usually crow at 4 to 5 months. The roosters from their batch started to crow about a month ago.” This was her response.
*fuming mad*, that is not true. Their tails are very rooster-like, and my roos don't have spurs yet, and they are def roos. Oh, and roosters crow at different ages, btw.

Back
Top Bottom