Pullet or Something Else...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Cheska, May 27, 2012.

1. Cheska

Cheska In the Brooder

May 26, 2012
    Well, I think I know what my chicken is, although I'd love to be told I'm wrong... 5 and a half week old Ameracauna. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks for any help, I have other photos if these aren't enough. =)

2. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Songster

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    White Leghorn pullet.

3. Cheska

Cheska In the Brooder

May 26, 2012
    Wait, Leghorn? She came out of the Americauna brooder... Was that a mistake?

4. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Songster

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    she is definitely not an Ameraucana, not even an Easter Egger. That's definitely a White Leghorn.

5. Cheska

Cheska In the Brooder

May 26, 2012
    Okay, thanks!

6. Cheska

Cheska In the Brooder

May 26, 2012
    Situation has changed, someone (and I didn't catch who it was in time, but I'm sure it'll happen again) tried to crow twice today as the sun was going down. Here's the two likely suspects with better photos.

Georgia/George:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And Riddle:

[​IMG][​IMG]

I've got a bad feeling they're both roos. -_-

7. bloom_ss

bloom_ss Songster

Jun 23, 2011
    Spokane Valley, WA
    They both look like EEs to me and the white one could be a roo with that big of a comb. It's so hard to tell for sure on the white ones because they are all white. That other one is definitely a pullet though...boys have a more patchy feather pattern than that and usually have red on the wings. That white one is definitely NOT a leghorn...look at that pea comb and the green legs!

8. Cheska

Cheska In the Brooder

May 26, 2012
    Okay, thanks. The white one, George, has a big comb, the others haven't turned colors except for his, and it's three rows, so I was thinking it was him. I'm SO GLAD you're sure Riddle is a pullet though, one roo I could handle, two would've been difficult to find homes for. George is acting like a roo, too, he's jumping on the others, I was just worried because Roddle is so feathered out, I was... Concerned.

9. kahlua

kahlua Songster

Nov 9, 2011
    NJ
    I would agree the white bird is an EE cockerel. I have two that look just like him. Riddle is definitely a pullet though.

10. farmerChef

farmerChef Songster

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    The roosters usually feather out slower. Riddle is def a pullet with that coloration. George is likely a roo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: