Pullet very sick, vet appointment tomorrow. Should I try and keep it alive, or cull now?

I am sorry about the pullet:hugs
But I am glad you should be able to get some answers, especially finally about the Mareks!
Thank you.
In a way what makes me most sad is the fact that she was my only one that looked very like a buff sussex; and I have always loved them.
And that she was at the age where she was just coming in to her prime, she had some beautiful new tail feathers coming in.
Oh well...:(
But I am hoping that Mareks can finally be ruled out, or at least there will be no doubt left.

:hugs Mareks came to mind but the symptoms weren't showing. Praying it's not and maybe your Vet could send the body to the government agency? Just so you have answers :hugs I just replied (lengthy) to your tag;)
Everyone I talked to said that digestive problems aren't Mareks related, so I don't think that was the main problems with the pullet, even if that does come back positive.
And just to clarify, it was the government department that I left her with, and they have their own vet.
Thank you for helping :hugs
And I saw your response to the other thread, thank you very much! I was a little out of my depth, and remembered seeing you on a couple of similar threads.

Everyone I talked to said that digestive problems aren't Mareks related, so I don't think that was the main problems with the pullet, even if that does come back positive.
And just to clarify, it was the government department that I left her with, and they have their own vet.
Thank you for helping :hugs
And I saw your response to the other thread, thank you very much! I was a little out of my depth, and remembered seeing you on a couple of similar threads.
PLEASE let update us :hugs

PLEASE let update us :hugs
I just heard back from the vet doing the necropsy. She is also sending samples off to the lab.
So the crop was full, but didn't actually seem to have anything wrong with it, but the other organs were kind of 'stuck together' and she mentioned Cellulitis (I think that was how it was spelt) in regards to this.
(it was my dad who took the call, so I only heard second hand, I will have to try and clarify more later on)
There was a growth on the abdomen, and also surprisingly a tumor on the top of the neck.
@Eggcessive @casportpony do you have any thoughts on this, or know anyone who might?

Back
Top Bottom