Pullet with one eye swollen lifting legs

katiesbella

Hatching
Sep 2, 2019
My 4 month old Golden Comet pullet has her left eye swollen (really the skin above the eye but it makes the eye look like it’s toward the back of the socket). Other symptoms are: when she walks she lifts her legs up and touches her body. When she eats or tries to, she opens and closes her beak as if chewing. This started yesterday but I didn’t get a good look until today. No others have these symptoms and there is no apparent injury or bite. I don’t have a chicken vet- this is cattle/horse country. Thanks!

My 4 month old Golden Comet pullet has her left eye swollen (really the skin above the eye but it makes the eye look like it’s toward the back of the socket). Other symptoms are: when she walks she lifts her legs up and touches her body. When she eats or tries to, she opens and closes her beak as if chewing. This started yesterday but I didn’t get a good look until today. No others have these symptoms and there is no apparent injury or bite. I don’t have a chicken vet- this is cattle/horse country. Thanks!
Can you please post some photos - some of her, her eye, poop and inside of beak?
What are you feeding?
Do you provide grit?

Check her crop first thing in the morning before she's had anything to eat/drink - the crop should be empty. If it's not then let us know. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Any injury or something stuck on her feet that would cause her to lift the legs?

Back
Top Bottom