Pullet?

jennaa1434

Chirping
Apr 13, 2019
This is one of my silver laced Wyandottes that is supposed to be a pullet but has a much redder and bigger comb than the others. It's around 3 weeks old. Here are some pictures, although the pictures aren't great and it's comb looks a little bit redder in person. Thanks for any help!
Screenshot_20190502-152600.png
Screenshot_20190502-152623.png
Screenshot_20190502-152801.png

See now you would say pullet. Them Wyandotte’s are keepers of secrets - you gotta wait! Their rose combs flush easy making them look red. And being a bit high strung they flush a lot. Lacing looks even so I’m guessing girl ... but you won’t know for some time now. Come back about 8 weeks?

Edit to add: I may take that thought back.. solid striping on wing bows in pic 1. One of my girls did that but hmm. Time will tell. Wyandotte’s. Keepers of secrets

Thank you guys!! They are all supposed to be pullets but some are starting to worry me like this little guy below. Though, I've never had this breed before so thank you for the help!!
Screenshot_20190503-085657.png

Thank you guys!! They are all supposed to be pullets but some are starting to worry me like this little guy below. Though, I've never had this breed before so thank you for the help!!View attachment 1761515
You should be able to tell by 6-8 weeks. Boys will get red combs and wattles. Females will stay orange a bit or turn pick, but not red.

Back
Top Bottom