pullet??

Yes, take extra good care of them. Any sex link chicken is a hybrid created to lay a copious amount of eggs. They lay prolifically for three years or so and then egg laying slows down after that. With good care, they can live good lives but are prone to many different reproductive issues due to the fact that they lay many eggs.
i’ll take good care of her, she’s super friendly and loves to cuddle. will she outgrow her friendliness?

i’ll take good care of her, she’s super friendly and loves to cuddle. will she outgrow her friendliness?
Probably but don’t take it personally. Chickens don’t really like to be cuddled (a lot of people will jump in and talk about their loving Lap chickens and yes that does happen), it simulates being carried off by a predator. But then again she may remain friendly and cuddly - only time will tell.

Probably but don’t take it personally. Chickens don’t really like to be cuddled (a lot of people will jump in and talk about their loving Lap chickens and yes that does happen), it simulates being carried off by a predator. But then again she may remain friendly and cuddly - only time will tell.
To clarify, the actual time a chicken sits on a lap would not be like being carried off by a predator.

Last edited:
i think they do enjoy it because when i go outside they run to me and want to be carried , then i sit outside with them and they sleep on my lap

Back
Top Bottom