Pullets or cockerals?

colraykennels

Hatching
Mar 11, 2017
Whitehorse, Yukon territory
Hi all I know it's early these barred Plymouth Rock chicks are almost 48hrs old we had 6 eggs and all hatched we believe these to be pullets based on their head and dark legs but would love to hear your thoughts we know we won't know for sure until they are older but this is our first batch
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited:
Congrats on your new babies! Only one foot image is showing up, but at 48 hours it might be almost impossible to tell. I'll give my best guess, but I wouldn't count on anyone's guesses at this stage. It would be helpful to have the other images, though, if you can find the problem :/
-M :)

How many chicks do you have? If you don't have a lot can you please send some pictures of their wings spread out? If so, I might be able to tell what gender they are.

(What I mean by, "depending on how many you have," I mean... If you have a lot that's fine, bring them on, I just didn't know how many pictures you were wanting to send! Lol! :lau)

The top left is definitely a cockerel. The top right is almost 100% definite cockerel. The bottom one might be a pullet, but my I would say hat you've got three cockerels on your hands. That is really early for wattle development.

6 week old Silverlaced wyandotte pullets or cokreals?

I'm thinking your's is a Cockrel , but take it like a grain of salt, because I can't be for sure! The only reason I think that is because there is a lot of Seattle development and a lot of redness going on for his age :)
I know it's still early I don't have wing pics as they are just tiny fluff balls right now but here are the other pictures of think
1f600.png

By the way it looks, they all look to be girls, but at this age it can be hard to tell, because you might think one way, but they aren't really what you think! Lol! :lau

Back
Top Bottom