Pullets or cockerels?

CrazyChicken360

Songster
Aug 16, 2020
Mass.
Hello I just recently bought some chicks near the end of august, when I bought them they were all supposed to be pullets but I am now having some second thoughts. A couple of them have already been growing waddles while the others have not. Does this mean they could be cockerels? Or are they just older?
Chick #1
IMG_0635.jpeg

Chick #2
IMG_0643.jpeg

I had a couple of hens who fooled me. I put them in the roosters pen and roosters were fighting over them. She just had bigger crowns. My “roosters” are laying eggs now. Lol I wait until they crow now. Although my dad had a hen that crowed. 😂
Male barred rocks also have wider barring. That and the redness of the comb is sure sign of male. :]

I had a couple of hens who fooled me. I put them in the roosters pen and roosters were fighting over them. She just had bigger crowns. My “roosters” are laying eggs now. Lol I wait until they crow now. Although my dad had a hen that crowed. 😂

How old were they when they fooled you, though? Pullets just don't get this much size or color in their comb and wattles until they're closer to laying, much less when they still have chick down on them in patches like these chicks do.

Back
Top Bottom