Pullets or Cockerels?

chickenlisa

Invincible Summer
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
I posted in the Raising Baby chicks a week ago or so, but should have posted it here...
I just took new photos of my 3 1/2 wk old March 28th chicks, 7 of them- all Olive Eggers (BCM X OE or EE) with the possibility of 1 Black Copper Maran.
Please give me your opinions of who you think are boys or girls? If individual pics would be better, I can do that. Just let me know please? Thank you. I'm putting them outside in my chicken tractor (with a heat lamp) later this week.

yes, it is, the mama is one and the daddy is a BCM or OE Blue Roo...guessing the Big Blue OE for this NN baby.

Lol ok I was like wait a sec...that is one strange looking BCM/EE/OE! Hahaha!
lau.gif
Actually, you just reminded me, the Mama is 1/2 NN and 1/2 EE (and is about 6-7 yrs old.) I had a pair of NNs years ago and some EEs, and I didn't know what she was til she started laying nice big green eggs. She still does...So I wanted to see what would hatch out of one when I was testing my BYM eggs...so if it ends up being a cockerel, I will need to rehome it or....
th.gif
same thing with any other little boys. Which is why I need to know what they are now...before we get too attached.

Yeah I know what you mean...I've got a EE that was a really pretty white/grey chick, my favorite out of the bunch. Supposed to be a pullet (that's what I bought it as) and now the lil bugger is getting red on its shoulders...so I'm pretty sure it's a roo. :/

But looking at your chicks there isn't really much that screams roo to me, I'd just watch for the combs to get bigger and more red/pink. For now it looks like mostly pullets, but they are still young so I dunno. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom