Pullets or Cockerels?

RangeChicks

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 28, 2014
We purchased eggs a while back & hatched them out. They were supposed to be lavender and blue Ameraucanas. Oops.....not a blue or lavender in the group. They are kinda pretty, though. Now I need to know if they are pullets or cockerels. All but Dave hatched looking like chipmunks, hence their names..... Dave had no head markings or eyeliner and only the faintest chipmunk stripe. The others were dramatically chipmunk-looking. Alvin and Dave have always battled like you would expect cockerels to (or hopefully, two strong-willed gals). Simon is significantly smaller than the rest & adores our granddaughter. Theodore is the same size as Alvin & Dave but is a bit more easy going. They are almost 5 weeks. Any help would be great! Thank you!

Simon:

Theodore:

Alvin (he fits his name.....):

Dave:

I would say there are 2 roos in the group...

Dave-No
Alvin-Maybe, but right now I say no
Theodore-Possibly Rooster...hackle feathers look a tad pointy
Simon-Possible Roo, not sure though :)

Alvin looks like a possible rooster to me. I'm not sure on the others. Though, Dave and Simon look the least roosterish.

I'd agree with Wyandottes 7 on this one, why don't you update with more pics in a couple of weeks.
smile.png
For more opinions and techniques for spotting roosters why not post a few pics or look at the big fat is this a rooster thread
smile.png
:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/944086/the-big-fat-is-this-a-rooster-thread

Thank you everyone! I will wait a couple of weeks and post some new pictures both here and on the other thread. I appreciate the link. Bummed that Alvin is most likely a cockerel. He's my personal favorite for both looks and personality. Sadly I can't keep any more roos (hubby meltdown), so will have to re-home him most likely.

Thank you everyone! I will wait a couple of weeks and post some new pictures both here and on the other thread. I appreciate the link. Bummed that Alvin is most likely a cockerel. He's my personal favorite for both looks and personality. Sadly I can't keep any more roos (hubby meltdown), so will have to re-home him most likely.

Well, Dave & Simon are pullets and Alvin & Theodore are very handsome cockerels. We kept Simon (now Simone) and re-homed the other three.

Back
Top Bottom