Pullets Wanted

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tattoodmamaof2, Feb 13, 2008.

1. tattoodmamaof2

tattoodmamaof2 New Egg

Feb 13, 2008
    Wilmington, NC
    Hello all!!!

I'm new to raising chickens, and just need some good egg layers. I would prefer day olds, just so long as they are from a friendly breed(I have 2 kids,4,2) I'm willing to pay for shipping, the box they come in...pretty much what you would pay for from a hatchery, but I don't need 25 chickens. I would love between 10-15 chicks. I don't want to hatch them, because I would probably ruin it!!!!!!! Any help would be appreciated!!! I'm located on the coast of North Carolina.

Angelica

2. Badhbh

Badhbh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Check on mypetchicken.com and Ideal. They will both ship less than 25. I think that in order to not get any roosters you have to get 15 from Ideal, but MPC only requires 3.

3. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    try cacklehatchery.com

4. tattoodmamaof2

tattoodmamaof2 New Egg

Feb 13, 2008
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank you so much!

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Meyers has a small order program too. Basically if you don't want to order 25 chicks you will have to either a. get extra roos added for warmth or b. buy insurance against possible loss. And while mypetchicken will ship as few as 3 they are gonna charge you a sizable amount for a heating pad to be added.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by