Pullets won’t start laying!!!

Mickeychicks

In the Brooder
May 26, 2020
We have some Easter Eggers that should be laying soon but show no signs of being to lay. I think it might be because we’re we live there is not enough hours of daylight for them to make eggs?? I heard of people using lights in their coop. I think I might try it but don’t know if it’s safe. Need some advice. Thanks

jmns

Don’t look back, you’re not going that way.
Premium Feather Member
May 5, 2020
On a rock in the Pacific
How old are they? Some breeds do not lay until 8 months of age. You can figure anywhere from 5-9 months.:)

Mickeychicks

In the Brooder
May 26, 2020
We have fake eggs in the nest boxes. We are in Maine. We got them from someone and she didn’t say they age all she told us was that they should start laying around now.

AChookLover

In the Brooder
May 13, 2020
When I got some bantam pullets near the end of last summer, none of them laid until next spring. I'm guessing it's a seasonal thing with daylight hours.

21hens-incharge

Slightly nuts
Premium Feather Member
Mar 9, 2014
Northern Colorado
We have some Easter Eggers that should be laying soon but show no signs of being to lay. I think it might be because we’re we live there is not enough hours of daylight for them to make eggs?? I heard of people using lights in their coop. I think I might try it but don’t know if it’s safe. Need some advice. Thanks
If you post pics of each bird we can help determine if any are close to point of lay.

Top Bottom