pulling and eating feathers?

I have 46" of snow here which has fallen in the past 3 days, I don't think I can find any leaves. lol!! I'm gonna go shovel some more and throw some straw down and scatter some boss on top (maybe they will scratch and play) snowfall is very light today and winds are diminished for now. Thank for all the suggestions. They are greatly appreciated

Quote:
I did try cabbage (they don't like it) I offer them boss daily. Our coop is 4 X 8 and I only have 3 girls I like the idea of the flock block, Do they like mirrors in the coop to keep them entertained or would that just upset them?? (my dd thought of this one)

Heck, in a 4 x 8 for three girls, you can add circus rings and trapezes for their entertainment
tongue.png
Maybe a few temporary roosts inside? Leave the cabbage hanging even if they weren't interested at first. Or try to hang other things, like apples (an opposite of bobbing for apples). The flock block that was mentioned is very popular. Mirrors couldn't HURT...don't know if they'll help or not - but it'll make the room look even bigger...lol!

yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
I did try cabbage (they don't like it) I offer them boss daily. Our coop is 4 X 8 and I only have 3 girls I like the idea of the flock block, Do they like mirrors in the coop to keep them entertained or would that just upset them?? (my dd thought of this one)

Heck, in a 4 x 8 for three girls, you can add circus rings and trapezes for their entertainment
tongue.png
Maybe a few temporary roosts inside? Leave the cabbage hanging even if they weren't interested at first. Or try to hang other things, like apples (an opposite of bobbing for apples). The flock block that was mentioned is very popular. Mirrors couldn't HURT...don't know if they'll help or not - but it'll make the room look even bigger...lol!

lau.gif
I never thought of apples duh!! I'm gonna hang a couple now. Thanks for the visual of circus rings and trapeze. That's just to funny

I tied hanging stuff for them to play with and it terrified them! If I hung the stuff in the coop they wouldn't go in, and if I hung it out side, they all crowded at the door and complained and wouldn't go out. Silly chickens!

Back
Top Bottom