1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Pulling my hair out.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by abellchicken, Jul 19, 2010.

1. abellchicken

abellchicken Songster

Mar 17, 2010
    Chesterfield
    I have five pullets 22 weeks old only one has laid an egg. She has laid about every other day for about a week. I know it is the same bird I have watched her lay. The others seem to be very loud lately and seem to be picking on each other more that usual. Does this mean that they may start laying soon. I am so tired of waiting and waiting and waiting. [​IMG] I go out to the pen about 10 times a day. Any body else have this problem?[​IMG]

2. MakNugget

MakNugget Songster

May 31, 2010
    Portland, OR
    They may need persuading.

You could print out some roast chicken recipes and post them on the inside of the coop. [​IMG]

3. abellchicken

abellchicken Songster

Mar 17, 2010
    Chesterfield
    [​IMG] Thank you that made me laugh!!

4. tcbosco1

tcbosco1 In the Brooder

The only noticable sign (that I saw) when my pullets were about to lay eggs is that they would "squat" when someone approached them.

Once a pullet would start "squatting", eggs came about a week or two later!

There was a considerable amount of time before our first one laid an egg and when the last one finally squeezed one out (one or two months, if I recall)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by