Pulling out all stops! HEEELLLPPPP MEEE!!!

hollymh

*A Scrambled Egg*
15 Years
Feb 8, 2009
Texas
My husband is starting a recycling program at the Naval hospital here, he has received the okay from his superior officers and now only needs to raise the money to buy the recycle bins. IDEAS!? I have posted at wishuponahero.com and I'm hoping to help him raise the money, I'm trying to set up a bake sale but it is so difficult to get permission to do it on base. We only need to raise $180 so please help me?!? PRETTY PLEASE
smile.png
?

Last edited:
What about a car wash? Those always brought in a lot of money when we did them for our units. You can ask for donations for baskets of prizes and do a raffle, too.

ETA: Contact the company that will be picking up the recycling, they may give you the containers if they think there will be enough picked up to cover the cost relatively quickly and with it being a hospital, there should be plenty to pick up!

Last edited:
Garage sale
Donation buckets in prominent places
Sell something on eBay
Directly ask employees at the hospital for spare bucks. If 180 employees each put in a buck.......

I was the special event coordinator and donations rep for 500 Girl Scouts for years. Car washes, bake sales, etc take a lot of man hours and generally do not pan out the best..but you only need $180? Since you only need to raise that amount........Stick a can out, ask everyone to chip in a few, or honestly, determine what kind of bins you need and then contact the store selling them, submit a donation request letter letting them know it is for the naval hospital..and I would be surprised if they turned you down.

Can you get permission to stand at the main drive way to ask employees when they are driving in or out of work?
People always have spare change in their cars, where they might not when they are working. I would focus my time on when major shifts are changing over.

I have seen local fire depts do this... seems like it works.

ChickenBrik

Back
Top Bottom