pumpkins??

Ours munched heartily. We kept the seeds for ourselves, but the rest of the guts went into the run - all gone now.
smile.png

After reading the other posts here - I guess I'll crack open the jack-o-lanterns and put them in next...

If they do not like them raw bake in an oven until soft and they will fight for them. You can even freeze the pulp for later in the winter. I do that with greens and pumpkins too. It keeps the egg yokes so reddish orange. I know they are healthier. Gloria Jean

I sent out a multiple text to my kids and a few of their friends, asking for they're used pumpkins and or inners. Love my SIL, because when he got to their house Halloween night I had 3 huge bags of pumpkin. I get the cut artwork tomorrow. I've saved seeds from all the ones I've gotten hold of to plant and the rest the birds get along with the rest of the pumpkin. I have some weird birds and some greedy birds. Most ate them, but my Bantam Wellies turn their beaks up at all treats. I mean anything I've ever given them. Not the rest of the mob though. I swear I saw eyes rolling while they gobbled everything down. I've only used 1/4 of the first bag, so I have days of goodies for them.

Back
Top Bottom