Puppy beat up chicken bad

Malmendier

In the Brooder
Jul 1, 2018
The chicken was all wet I don't see no blood I don't know if I should put the chicken out of its misery. Or nurse it..
I took her in the house in a towel hopefully the warmth will help
Any suggestions are welcome please who played football together

The chicken was all wet I don't see no blood I don't know if I should put the chicken out of its misery. Or nurse it..
I took her in the house in a towel hopefully the warmth will help
Any suggestions are welcome please who played football together
I've had this happen a time or two. Generally the bird will be in shock for a bit. Keep it quiet and comfortable, and wait and see. If there's a lot of whiplash the bird may stay quiet for a few days. Usually if there's no serious damage they recover in a week or two, or even less if there's no real injuries.

Your poor baby! She is probably in shock. If there is no visible injuries, she may be okay, but there may be internal damage. Offer her some scrambled egg, fresh water with electrolytes or some Nutri-drench. Give her some time to relax ....observe her behavior and any other symptoms of possible injuries and keep us posted.....

It's kinda a wait and see situation as others have said. It's hard to know how much internal damage there is or isn't. I would keep the chicken isolated in a dog crate or something with a towel and food and water and watch it for a few days. I think by then it will be more obvious if it is improving or not. :fl

I brought her in the house kept her warm unfortunately a few hours later she died.
I've been to be one of my favorite chicken
It's funny because the dog used to be afraid of the chickens..
Today I picked up three new birds but the one that was left is being nasty to them hopefully they will learn to get along soon

Unfortunately I think you're right really sucks . Birds were always free-range.
I had 1 bird left got 3 new but the old chicken being nasty but seems better today.
Hopefully she don't stop them from eating fortunately I'm not going to be home to keep a eye
My old dog got along fine with chickens & ducks.. hopefully I can get this one to do the same but I don't want to lose my chickens to find out now I have a real dilemma

Back
Top Bottom