Puppy Thread

Pics
Oh wow that sucks šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ Iā€™m sorry!!! Are you near NYC? That might be why. You should expand your search if possible to the other New England states or even New York, PA, NJ, etc. You may have better luck. I can help you look if you want. And make sure the parents are all health tested and preferably they do something with their dogs/have titles even if itā€™s not conformation.
Parents are looking at the breeder where we got our last golden (this was over 10 years ago) and it turns out that they're only accepting previous clients at the moment, which may make it easier for us to reserve a pupper. They're in Maryland (we used to live there) Also looking at the place that my good friend got her chocolate lab puppy as they also have goldens. (Maine)

Iā€™ve advertised and bought on puppyfind, itā€™s pretty simple to do. Iā€™m pretty sure puppyfind is not a broker.
Oh well thatā€™s good then. I didnā€™t realize anyone could post on there. But a lot of the dogs from there are from mills or other sketchy things. Not all of course but gotta be careful.

Oh well thatā€™s good then. I didnā€™t realize anyone could post on there. But a lot of the dogs from there are from mills or other sketchy things. Not all of course but gotta be careful.
Yea thatā€™s true, fortunately I got to see all their dogs. I was covered with Pomeranians šŸ˜‚ but I also got to see their setups and everything. They literally had bedrooms for the dogs.

Parents are looking at the breeder where we got our last golden (this was over 10 years ago) and it turns out that they're only accepting previous clients at the moment, which may make it easier for us to reserve a pupper. They're in Maryland (we used to live there) Also looking at the place that my good friend got her chocolate lab puppy as they also have goldens. (Maine)
Thatā€™s good! Or they may know somebody who has puppies or room on the list even if they donā€™t!! Honestly you might have to wait a while as even before COVID most breeders had a wait least of at least 6-12 months, sometimes even more than that like 2 years, and now with COVID the lists are even longer as EVERYBODY wants a puppy.

I mean thatā€™s pretty expensive but not too far off. Most reputable breeders range between like $1500-$3500 and doodles and designer mixes are more, often like $5000. And sometimes you do find breeders for less like $1200 or $800 but itā€™s not very common. It also depends largely on the breed. Goldens are a more expensive breed and are often like $2000-$3000 or more.
You guys seriously think these are good prices?! I would never, on God's green earth, pay that much for a dog! Not even my favorite breed, which is a very rare one. My weim puppy was $800, my sister's great dane was $1500. And both from very reputable breeders. And I most certainly would never spend more than $500 on a "designer breed" when they are really mutts, let's be honest

Thatā€™s good! Or they may know somebody who has puppies or room on the list even if they donā€™t!! Honestly you might have to wait a while as even before COVID most breeders had a wait least of at least 6-12 months, sometimes even more than that like 2 years, and now with COVID the lists are even longer as EVERYBODY wants a puppy.
Oh yeah, and we're not getting one, like, tomorrow or anything. The timeline has just been shortened to from 'we'll get one at some point' to 'we'll get one in the next year or two'.

Back
Top Bottom