Puppy Thread

Pics
We got our puppies trained when we got them, and it cost a TON of money. When we went to pick them up it turns out that she barely even trained them and used vibration collars. Now they know the commands but try to jump on you and sometimes they don’t listen. :( They were going to be search and rescue dogs at first so in training they can’t have any treats. Now they probably won’t be though because they are badly trained.

We got our puppies trained when we got them, and it cost a TON of money. When we went to pick them up it turns out that she barely even trained them and used vibration collars. Now they know the commands but try to jump on you and sometimes they don’t listen. :( They were going to be search and rescue dogs at first so in training they can’t have any treats. Now they probably won’t be though because they are badly trained.
That's really sucks :(

I would look into positive training. You don't have to use treats, you can use a favorite toy or just lots of praise.
A recently found a guy that trains service dogs. He has tons of great videos on YouTube. His name is Nate Schoemer.
It's always best for the owner to work with the dog and have the trainer show the techniques.
I don't know much about search and rescue dogs so I'm afraid I won't be much help but hopefully this can lead you in the right direction :)

That's really sucks :(

I would look into positive training. You don't have to use treats, you can use a favorite toy or just lots of praise.
A recently found a guy that trains service dogs. He has tons of great videos on YouTube. His name is Nate Schoemer.
It's always best for the owner to work with the dog and have the trainer show the techniques.
I don't know much about search and rescue dogs so I'm afraid I won't be much help but hopefully this can lead you in the right direction :)
It’s because my dad is a firefighter.

We got a puppy back in May. A weimaraner my son named Thor. He is a good boy, love him to pieces!
Oh my goodness! Love the name and he is such a handsome boy!
They are so adorable they look like stuffed animals! :love
It does. It's also focused on praise based methods instead of treat based methods, which I thought was good? Why is the dominance stuff bad?
My mom trained our family dog with only positive praise; no treats at all. He was the best well-behaved dog I have ever known!
Here's a pic of a pic of Sage as a puppy. ❤View attachment 2517897
Sooooo cute!
My 5 month old ACA registered Rottweiler named Nitro Jessie. She's around 53 lbs. as of right now.

View attachment 2519599
View attachment 2519603
Wow! She's absolutely beautiful! 💜
Aweeeeeeeeee!! That face!!

Y'all gonna give me puppy fever smh! :lau

My Bailey :)
E4B7EFAA-E74F-4EAB-80AD-D9A4DA66D6B7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom