Puppy with Chickens!

mamahenAtlanta

Songster
6 Years
Aug 11, 2014
Atlanta, GA
If I weren't so technically challenged I'd post the cutest video of my new puppy playing FETCH with chickens! I'm so thrilled that Willow (3 mo old pup) is getting along with my flock of 5 hens! Chickens have never been out of their run, but since I put up a fence (mainly for the puppy) I can let the girls out to free range. I had hoped and prayed that dog and birds would be ok together and it seems to be just fine. I won't leave the hens unattended with a dog -- she chases them sometimes but it just aggravates them. They normally don't even look up when shes out running circles around them. Willow backs off once she gets close. We were tossing the tennis ball to puppy, and one hen actually raced the dog to fetch it! Was quite funny to watch. The dog is a mix--probably American bulldog and maybe some lab and probably jack Russell in her. I want to keep up (supervised) exposure so they are used to one another. Only drawback so far, the puppy seems to think chick poop is dessert! ewwwww!!

Very sweet story! My dog loves chicken poo too.
sickbyc.gif

That would be a video to see! Glad puppy and chickens are getting along
smile.png

Put my dog on the list for chicken poop dessert. And my chickens like to scratch thru rabbit poop.....:th. If we could find an animal to clean up the dog poop, we'd have it made:D

My dog loves chicken snacks too. :\ Ohwell, as long as we don't get an outbreak of coccidiosis, should be fine. In fact, if she doesn't get a huge dose of it, it'll probably help her build immunity she needs as a country dog.

Back
Top Bottom