Pure bread shiba inu?

Catastrophic

Songster
Apr 1, 2021
Shawnee, Kansas
Not sure if this is the best place to post this but I am wondering if anyone can tell me if this is a purebreds Shiba inu? Thank you!

Attachments

• F094B6A5-BF87-4726-AD18-3F64C36C838A.png
    F094B6A5-BF87-4726-AD18-3F64C36C838A.png
    698.7 KB · Views: 24
It may be "purebred", but not well bred. What is it that you are looking for in a dog? If you just want a pet that you like the look of, this may be a good choice, BUT here are some warnings. A breeder that does not at least try to breed dogs that fit the standard for their breed is not likely to worry about health and temperament either. Shibas are known for temperament issues.I'm sure there are nice ones out there, but to be bluntly honest, in 40+ years working with dogs as a groomer and vet assistant, I've never met one. Temperament is largely genetic, sure you can raise them right, but their basic nature is what it is. If you cannot meet the parents, and excess their temperaments, just don't do it!

It may be "purebred", but not well bred. What is it that you are looking for in a dog? If you just want a pet that you like the look of, this may be a good choice, BUT here are some warnings. A breeder that does not at least try to breed dogs that fit the standard for their breed is not likely to worry about health and temperament either. Shibas are known for temperament issues.I'm sure there are nice ones out there, but to be bluntly honest, in 40+ years working with dogs as a groomer and vet assistant, I've never met one. Temperament is largely genetic, sure you can raise them right, but their basic nature is what it is. If you cannot meet the parents, and excess their temperaments, just don't do it!
I definitely agree!!! :goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom