Pure Bred Chicken contest

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by aayto1, Sep 13, 2013.

1. aayto1

aayto1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2013
    Queensland Australia
    This is Just a fun online contest!

There is no prize other than the winner having the satisfaction of saying they won.

Everyone is welcome to enter their pure bred chickens and tell us about them.

Rules: Must be a pure bred hen or rooster

: Must show a photo of the entered chicken

: Must tell us their breed, name and a little about them

: Everyone must enter on pure fun

Contest ends 18-09-13
    HAVE FUN!!!

[​IMG]

This is Trika. She is a pure bred Silver spangled hamburg! I got her as a chick and paid a good price. Glad it all paid off!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  2. chxluv

chxluv New Egg

Sep 13, 2013
    Michigan
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    This is Fester, my amazing Buff O roo. He is the friendliest guy you've ever met, greets me at the coop door every morning.

3. ClucksAndPeeps

ClucksAndPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    I will enter. but first I just want to say that he doesn't look purebred

4. aayto1

Mar 29, 2013
    Queensland Australia
    They all look great. keep it coming

5. JakesMama

JakesMama Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2013
    Sun Valley/Reno, NV
    I'm still a newbie to chickens, so I'm just curious which chickens are purebred so I can post some pics. [​IMG] I have some white leghorns, rhode island reds, buff orp, an ameraucana, and a barred rock... do you know which of these are pure? thanks!! [​IMG]

6. aayto1

Mar 29, 2013
    Queensland Australia
    A pure bred is a rooster and hen of the same breed who have no cross breeding. Say you have a buff whose parents were buff and leghorns. Thats a cross. Pure bred means no cross breed the pure breed line. You can post them up here anyway and I will take a look :)

7. JakesMama

JakesMama Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2013
    Sun Valley/Reno, NV
    Hmmm, well I have no idea of my ladies' backgrounds, lol. Three I got from my mom's coworker and 6 I rescued after someone dumped them in the desert :-D But I'll post some pics! One of my 9 is a red sex-link, so I won't post her, lol.

Lucy and Mabel
    White Leghorns (I was told on another post that they have the silver gene, producing white legs)
    They both stick together like glue and they are the Alpha ladies of the coop.

[​IMG]

Wilma (larger) and Phoebe (smaller)
    Rhode Island Reds
    Both ladies tend to keep to themselves but Wilma has no problem puffing out her feathers to challenge another girl for personal space. Phoebe is regrowing her tail after it was rudely plucked out by Berta (red sex-link)

[​IMG]

Rachel
    Barred Rock
    She is one of friendlier girls and enjoys sitting on my lap for some one on one time. She is next in rank after Lucy and Mabel.

[​IMG]

Abigail
    Buff Orpinton
    She is every girls friend. She doesn't pick on anyone and sticks up for the 2 shy girls.

[​IMG]

Betty
    Ameraucana
    Betty is one of the shy girls. She tends to be very flighty and afraid of every lady, except for Abigail and of course the other shy girl.

[​IMG]

8. aayto1

Mar 29, 2013
    Queensland Australia
    Winners are 1st... Jakemams barred rock
    2nd... Clucks and peeps
    3rd... Chxluv:D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by