Pure Bred or Imposter (Mutt)- Lavender Blue Araucans!!!

cluckcluckluke

Crowing
7 Years
Jul 10, 2012
The Foothills Of Chickendom
Are these Araucans Pure Bred or Mutts- Sold to me as pure bred Araucanas . Got her down to $40.00 for the two and so lucky i did they are very scruffy but nothing a bit of care and a new molt wont do.

All i know is that they have to be either a slate grey color, black or some other plain color like a whitey grey.
They Are Lavender Blue Araucanas, so the coloring is right and there legs are a slate grey as well but im still going to question there pureness.
When i got them home one of the hens laid me her second (Lavender Blue colored) egg of the day, i was so excited when she did this, it was like the 3 hour car trip didn't even affect them!!!

where do you live? if in the U.S. then definately not...
Araucana-Chicken-2+Michael+von+Luttwitz.jpg
250px-Whitetufts.jpg

but if in the uk I believe they look pure bred
AraucanaLavenderF.JPEG
araucana2.JPEG

...wait a second... is the second one silkie feathered?! if so then i dont think so...

i live Australia, and yes there feathering is like down, exactly like a silkies. I was scared that they weren't going to be pure bred. Do you reckon that i got ripped of- Australian $40.00 for both.
They do lay a lavender blue egg which is what the breed should. They seem to big to be crossed with a silkie.

Back
Top Bottom