Pure Java Greens in the US

Haha I second that. I would buy some of their offspring too. Besides, by the time they have offspring for sale I should have a nice pen ready for them.

I don't know anything about importing birds!
But (as I posted on the Thailand thread) I found this information from the USDA/APHIS website which clearly states that importing peafowl (which they classify as "poultry") is prohibited if the birds are coming from Thailand:
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export/animals/live_poultry.shtml

I would say that this is an excellent reason for someone to work with Reinhold to import some of his very beautiful birds from Germany.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about importing birds!
But (as I posted on the Thailand thread) I found this information from the USDA/APHIS website which clearly states that importing peafowl (which they classify as "poultry") is prohibited if the birds are coming from Thailand:
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export/animals/live_poultry.shtml

I would say that this is an excellent reason for someone to work with Reinhold to import some of his very beautiful birds from Germany.
I know nothing about importing birds either, but would it be possible to import them to Canada, then to the US? I know that some people have imported horses like that.

Am I just in a bad location for importing? I guess Florida is pretty far for importing things from say Germany. Yeah I guess I will have to stick with getting offspring from birds that someone else imports. XD

Importing is very expensive,stressful and you have to really want it. But like anything else it can be done! I found out not very long ago how involved it was and as close as humanly possible how much the cost was for importing some waterfowl.I went thru the whole entire process short of actually doing it.You will never know the exact price until you are actually are doing it. Because any delay in the transporting of the birds cost you and no one else. (Hidden costs you hear about) It was for Pygmy Geese. I will also warn anyone googling Pygmy Goose or Geese on your computer.There is a second page somewhere( I think on the"o" on google that is full of viruses, worms trojans you get the idea.Its a Bad One. But getting back to BYC This old thread is great for learning about the import process. I went into total detail on it as did others.https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/481634/does-any-one-know-where-to-get-african-pygmy-geese

Last edited:
Importing is very expensive,stressful and you have to really want it. But like anything else it can be done! I found out not very long ago how involved it was and as close as humanly possible how much the cost was for importing some waterfowl.I went thru the whole entire process short of actually doing it.You will never know the exact price until you are actually are doing it. Because any delay in the transporting of the birds cost you and no one else. (Hidden costs you hear about)
Hello destinduck,

I fully agree with you. From the first start, until I was able to make the import it tooks me nearly two years and at the beginning you never know where you will end with the costs, because you have nothing which is fixed when you are working with Asian countries. If you really want it, you will succeed.

I know between US and Europe it is a little bit easier. When I know what is required for the health certificate and to which airport in US the birds have to go, I can easy check the costs.

The most important is that in US everything is clarified regarding quarantine and health certificate. If this is made in advance it is easy for me to organize a timed shipment. If this is made in advance I can make DNA sexing and ship the birds with 4 month which will keep the costs down for shipping.
I don’t know if you need an approval or anything else. But maybe you can tell us some more details.

Regards
Reinhold

Sorry, All that I know or remember about importing is in that link. Im honest if not anything else.Here is my only java male. Reinhold. I just went outside and took these quick photos. You can click on the pics for more detail

. Hope you like him. Shawn

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom