1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pure Vanilla Extract 4 oz.

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by mamawolf544, Aug 29, 2012.

1. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    I have 4 oz. bottles of home-made vanilla extract for your baking needs or gifts for the holidays.

Made from grade A Tahitian vanilla beans, premium vodka and a splash of rum for a little sweetness.

All vanilla comes in a 4 oz. amber bottle to keep out light and with a vanilla bean.

You can refresh your extract many times, just add vodka to the bottle and put it in your cabinet until your next use.

Shipping is $5.50 but I combine shipping and also have some jelly, jams and hot Salsa.

New batch made and bottled.

Blueberry-Kiwi Jam, Strawberry-Banana Jam, Apple-Caramel Jam, Sweet-Hot Pepper Jam and Confetti Jam (this is spicy) $5.00 a jar

Pomegranate-Cranberry jelly, Root Beer Jelly, Grape Jelly $3.00 a jar
    Hot Salsa $7.00 a jar

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Hi, Just wondered if you have a commercial kitchen or access to one when you prepare these and thanks! Also, could we request a larger amount - say a pint bottle? I bake a lot and thanks!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  3. mamawolf544

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    No, I do all my canning and stuff in my kitchen.
    It is clean... [​IMG]

And right now that is the only size they come in, this is the first year I have offered any for sale, I do allot of baking too.

But if you are needing more just PM me and I am sure we can work out a good price for you.

4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Super, Hope to be in touch with you soon!!!!

5. mamawolf544

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    There is not many bottle left. My next batches wont be ready until right before Christmas.

6. CluckyCharms

CluckyCharms Chillin' With My Peeps

I am very interested in the vanilla!! I'm a vanillafreak!! Vanilla eggs, vanilla shakes, vanilla spaghetii and vanilla in cream and tea. And it just so happens that i am about to run out of my vanilla extract (purchased from the grocer) and it has no flavor like I remember it used to.

Where are these jellies, jams and hot salsa that you referred to in your post?? OH I WANT some of those too, methinks yes I do.[​IMG]

Do you have an ingredients list or perhaps a catalog with nutritional information on it?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  7. CluckyCharms

I just wanted to post an update on this thread.

We ordered the vanilla in addition to root beer, dreamsicle and strawberry-banana jams and jellies.

They just arrived today and we wanted to do some taste-testing!

These...are...amazing. Absolutely amazing...my husband is totally 'infatuated' with the strawberry-banana in particular. I like the dreamsicle...it tastes like one of those ice cream bars that are actually called creamcicles I think? The root beer is uncanny...tastes just like root beer, so to be honest I'm going to try it the next time I make frosted cinnamon buns (root beer float flavor sort of).

The vanilla smells like some sort of gourmet vanilla bon-bon or something...whoa.

IF by chance you've been 'thinking' about ordering from this talented lady, but weren't sure...I think my husband and I can safely say...you're missing out!!

Thank you for all the scrump-diddly-umptious goodies!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. mamawolf544

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    Thank you so much for the compliments.... [​IMG]

I'm so happy you like it.

9. CluckyCharms

We just mixed some Dreamcicle in with the BBQ sauce on our ribs for dinner... [​IMG] a-ma-zing

10. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    I suggest you get the "Pure Vanilla" cookbook, I got mine from Amazon, its great for all kinds of vanilla recipes. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by