Purina Flock Raiser users, question w/pic

Well I'm out of food and really don't want to wait on their reply. So just easier for me to exchange it

Well I could call them rather than email w/pics but who knows if their customer reps even know what they are talking about lol

I have bought FR that has come in dark to light but never that was ground up to look like sand. I'd take it back if you don't like the way it looks. You'd have to wet it down for the ducks to eat it. I have brought home feed that was buggy and usually by the time I am home with it the bugs have escaped the bag and are in the car too, I just take the bag back for a fresh one. Thank goodness only had it happen 3X in all the years I have been buying feed.

I exchanged it and got a new bag. There was 4 bags on top of the pile with the same date that felt like bags of dirt, so I got a bag with an older date and opened it before I left. I hope it's not a new formula that they are doing nc I can imagine a duck trying to eat that would be equivalent to trying to swallow a spoon full of peanut butter

Last edited:
I do plan on it when I get home bc Tractor Supply said they would look into the other bags but I doubt they will. Gonna send both pics of date and feed. And yes same bag design

Sent them an email w/pics. I'll keep you guys posted IF I hear back from them

They are pretty good about getting back to us when we send them an email. What ever was in that bag sounds like Mash instead of crumble for sure.

That's good, hope to hear from them. Either way wether it's a different feed or a bad batch hopefully they pull it off shelves. If that was my first time buying it I wouldn't of known the difference.

I've never seen any PFR feed that looks like that. I called the feed store where we buy all our feed to see what they thought. We don't use Purina feed, but I knew they're the authorized distributor in this area. The lady said Purina has not changed the formulas or textures for this. She didn't think the date was a concern and said they have some stuff on their own shelves around that date but that it looks nothing like what I described. She felt pretty sure that TSC got a bad lot if there were multiple bags like that, and she also said that her store would return that whole lot if the same thing happened to them.

Back
Top Bottom