Purina Flock Raiser users, question w/pic

I've never seen any PFR feed that looks like that. I called the feed store where we buy all our feed to see what they thought. We don't use Purina feed, but I knew they're the authorized distributor in this area. The lady said Purina has not changed the formulas or textures for this. She didn't think the date was a concern and said they have some stuff on their own shelves around that date but that it looks nothing like what I described. She felt pretty sure that TSC got a bad lot if there were multiple bags like that, and she also said that her store would return that whole lot if the same thing happened to them.

I hope TS takes them off the shelf. But who knows that they even will or care, they said they would look into it but who knows. I normally do not use Purina myself but I am until everyone can be back on layer crumbles that I get from my local feed store not TS. Plus the layer crumbles I get is almost $5 cheaper than the flock raiser

Just bought a bag from TSC Saturday & mine looks the same; in fact, this is the 2nd bag of Flock Raiser that's really dark (small flock of 7 ducks but I buy a new bag every 2-3 weeks). They seem to be doing OK on it--in fact, my pekin with bumblefoot is suddenly feeling much better now that I think about it, but I noticed that the spot of grass on which my feeder sits during the daytime seems to be looking worse than usual. Now I'm concerned!

I thought I remembered from another thread that you also have drakes. Are you usually feeding layer feed to all your adults year-round?

Yes I feed layer year round to both my male/female ducks and also chickens. My chickens lay year round. Not sure my ducks will, this will be my first winter with them. But my ducks are now on flock raiser bc I have babies in with them

Just bought a bag from TSC Saturday & mine looks the same; in fact, this is the 2nd bag of Flock Raiser that's really dark (small flock of 7 ducks but I buy a new bag every 2-3 weeks). They seem to be doing OK on it--in fact, my pekin with bumblefoot is suddenly feeling much better now that I think about it, but I noticed that the spot of grass on which my feeder sits during the daytime seems to be looking worse than usual. Now I'm concerned!

Hmmmmmm. I'll keep you posted when I hear back from Purina

Send again, a couple years ago I sent an email about the corn the were using and mold and they got back to me in a few days.

Good idea. Sent another one
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom