Purina Organic Starter/Grower Ingredients :-/

DoveChick09

Chirping
Feb 18, 2022
Purina has made it a point to not list or provide images of the ingredients in the Organic Starter Grower Crumbles. It's not on their site, Amazon, Tractor Supply, or Google, anywhere! Just complaints from people that it's not listed. I find that a bit shady. Why would a company intentionally not provide the ingredients like every single other company does? Organic didn't necessarily mean great, as we all know. I found another company but I didn't like the added chemicals. I know people like the feed, but a lot of us still would like to know what we would be feeding our babies, and essentially ourselves.
Does anyone have an image or a link to the actual ingredients?
#purina

Depending on the species being fed, there are regulations on what ingredients and nutrients have to be included on the analysis tag.
Every Land o' Lakes mill (Purina and Dumor) will have the same information on their guaranteed analysis tag. Same goes for Nurtena, ADM, Nature's Grown and every other manufacturer. Same goes for horse, dog, cat, swine and goat feed.
https://www.purinamills.com/chicken-feed/products/detail/purina-organic-starter-grower?utm_campaign=3386433&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_term=+purina +chick starter&utm_content=3386433_Purina_Flock_C_NH1_Google_Flock_All_Brand_DMT_National_LeadGen_3386433^Purina Start & Grow&gclid=CjwKCAiA9tyQBhAIEiwA6tdCrLNs2HXTl1_SoHrls0-sCJKEvRxsKpZNMrXxTJ5hHgEMlrvc6CdkDhoC1q8QAvD_BwE
The info is on the bag.

Last edited:
Go to the store, ask to see a bag and read the label. I learned recently that Purina's tags will say "Manufactured By" and/or "Manufactured For" when I purchased a bag of feed and the color/smell was way off. Ingredients change due to where manufactured (supply) but the nutritional value should be the same. It was a month of frustration but Purina/TSC explained. Now I ask or go into the warehouse to read labels prior to purchasing.

Go to the store, ask to see a bag and read the label. I learned recently that Purina's tags will say "Manufactured By" and/or "Manufactured For" when I purchased a bag of feed and the color/smell was way off. Ingredients change due to where manufactured (supply) but the nutritional value should be the same. It was a month of frustration but Purina/TSC explained. Now I ask or go into the warehouse to read labels prior to purchasing.
I'm curious, since you are in Hawaii, what is your supply chain like? Mainly, are your stores getting fresh feed? There have been long delays here.

I'm curious, since you are in Hawaii, what is your supply chain like? Mainly, are your stores getting fresh feed? There have been long delays here.
There have always been intermittent shortages of certain things. Whole corn is the most variable. I haven't noticed anything different due to the pandemic. The biggest difference between Hawaii and the mainland is the price. We pay a lot more because there is an extra step to put in a container and ship it across the ocean.

There have always been intermittent shortages of certain things. Whole corn is the most variable. I haven't noticed anything different due to the pandemic. The biggest difference between Hawaii and the mainland is the price. We pay a lot more because there is an extra step to put in a container and ship it across the ocean.
Thanks. Everything is more expensive on islands. Sometimes, even water is hard to come by. The Bahamas has a very tough time trying to supply themselves with water.

Depending on the species being fed, there are regulations on what ingredients and nutrients have to be included on the analysis tag.
Every Great Lakes mill (Purina and Dumor) will have the same information on their guaranteed analysis tag. Same goes for Nurtena, ADM, Nature's Grown and every other manufacturer. Same goes for horse, dog, cat, swine and goat feed.
https://www.purinamills.com/chicken-feed/products/detail/purina-organic-starter-grower?utm_campaign=3386433&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_term=+purina +chick starter&utm_content=3386433_Purina_Flock_C_NH1_Google_Flock_All_Brand_DMT_National_LeadGen_3386433^Purina Start & Grow&gclid=CjwKCAiA9tyQBhAIEiwA6tdCrLNs2HXTl1_SoHrls0-sCJKEvRxsKpZNMrXxTJ5hHgEMlrvc6CdkDhoC1q8QAvD_BwE
The info is on the bag.
Thank you, but that doesn't say the actual ingredients. It's literally the only company I looked at that didn't list the real ingredients. Unfortunately, I can't just go to the store just to read the info. I got covid really bad and am now disabled because of it. Every time I go out I risk more issues now. We are trying to get prepared to raise our own food and such now that I can't work. I don't understand why they worked be the only ones not to list them.

Back
Top Bottom