Purple spots on one foot?

Shadowglare

Chirping
Nov 12, 2021
I was cleaning my chickens' nails and saw one of my girls had purple areas on only one foot. I was able to take a photo when she was asleep in my lap, since she doesn't like me touching her legs. I have no clue what it is from or how to fix it..

Attachments

• 20240314_131433.jpg
    20240314_131433.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 14
What's the reasoning for cleaning the feet/nails to begin with? Did she have poop balls on the nails/toes or a lot of debris stuck in the crevices of the feet?

Could be some early signs of breaking down of the foot pad. I'd make sure there's bedding or a place that the hens can go that is dry so their feet can dry out.

Check your roosting bars to see there's any rough places.

What's the reasoning for cleaning the feet/nails to begin with? Did she have poop balls on the nails/toes or a lot of debris stuck in the crevices of the feet?

Could be some early signs of breaking down of the foot pad. I'd make sure there's bedding or a place that the hens can go that is dry so their feet can dry out.

Check your roosting bars to see there's any rough places.
I was getting was getting poop and sand from under their nails and their webs. I'll give the roosting bat a look and I'll even check the ladder👍.

Back
Top Bottom