Purple Spotted Guinea

FlashPointFarm

Songster
10 Years
11 Years
Jan 24, 2009
Iowa
I'm pretty sure we're on to something here. We have a new color of Guinea. Ralph Winters from The Guinea Farm came to take a look at this lot of birds. They are white, with purple spots, and he, nor we have seen this color before. Just wanted to know if anyone else has seen anything like this before? Pix coming soon.

Sorry it took so long to get these pix up! I've been working like a mule lately!

Below is a picture of a purple spotted guinea hen. This girl is pretty laid back, I really like her.
21730_purpspotguinea.jpg

Notice the dark hairs on top of the head. You can tell when this color are still keets that they will develop the purple spots by these hairs, and purple spots on it's neck.
21730_purplespottedguineahen1.jpg

Here is a close up of the color pattern on the Guinea. Note the purple spots, with white spots inside of that, on a white guinea. The spots start at the top of the back, from the wings back to the tail.
21730_purplespotguineafeatherpattern.jpg

Last edited:
Keets are $10 each. Eggs are sent in an assortment. To include the Purple spotted in the assortment they are $48 per dozen, 12 egg minimum.

Quote:

I've never seen nor heard of a guinea with darker spots. That's very interesting! I'd really love to see some pictures!

Oh, how gorgeous! So the markings are reversed? Dark spots on white instead of white spots on a dark feather? That sounds so cool. I will be watching this thread for pics!

Back
Top Bottom