Putting Eggs in Incubator with Eggs already in there.

AIMEELEIGH

Songster
Mar 10, 2021
I have eggs in my incubator that should be hatching in 8 days. However, someone gave me some banty eggs that I want to try to hatch and a week would be too long to wait. Can I put them in now? I realize that the humidity will be really high during lockdown, but will those 3 days affect them that much?

I have eggs in my incubator that should be hatching in 8 days. However, someone gave me some banty eggs that I want to try to hatch and a week would be too long to wait. Can I put them in now? I realize that the humidity will be really high during lockdown, but will those 3 days affect them that much?

I stagger eggs all the time but then I remove them to a different incubator for lockdown. High humidity will affect how much is lost from inside the eggs for the first week but I'm not sure if it will be detrimental to them or not. Haven't ever tried.

I stagger eggs all the time but then I remove them to a different incubator for lockdown. High humidity will affect how much is lost from inside the eggs for the first week but I'm not sure if it will be detrimental to them or not. Haven't ever tried.
My first batch I ever incubated I had humidity too high the first 15 days and had to correct it by dropping the humidity until day 18. Still came out successful so I was thinking I could do the same with these if that occurred.

You can put them in! I do a lot of staggered hatches as well. If you wait to up the humidity until the older eggs externally pip, that will help. Then lower it back down as soon as your hatch is over for the younger eggs. You should still try to turn the younger eggs during lockdown though, but opening it to just turn them quick should be fine.

You can put them in! I do a lot of staggered hatches as well. If you wait to up the humidity until the older eggs externally pip, that will help. Then lower it back down as soon as your hatch is over for the younger eggs. You should still try to turn the younger eggs during lockdown though, but opening it to just turn them quick should be fine.
I have an automatic turner with rollers that you take out so I figured I'd just leave two rollers in for these eggs and when I take them out for lockdown. Thanks so much for the advice!

My first batch I ever incubated I had humidity too high the first 15 days and had to correct it by dropping the humidity until day 18. Still came out successful so I was thinking I could do the same with these if that occurred.

Sound theory as far as I can tell. Let us know how it turns out. I have 18 eggs in my lockdown incubator that im hand turning and for now the humidity is running at normal but once I have to put lockdown eggs in there the humidity will have to get cranked up. So I would be curious to know how things proceed.

Back
Top Bottom