Putting pullets to "bed" (pics)

There is a Costal Farm right off the 205 in Oregon City. That's where we got our chicks.

I would love to get a silkie, they are adorable! We were going to get a polish crested too, but when we went to get one, they had sold out of all of them (within only a few hours)
sad.png

Hopefully the dark one is not a Roo. While we have an acre & half, we are close to our neighbors and they would not appreciate the crowing, lol. Dh and I would love it though.
smile.png

Well I hate to say this but your dark pullet looks a little roo-ish to me too. The comb looks suspicious and so do the legs. Your other pullet looks just like one of my ameicaunas, I think I better go check my coop and make sure she did not hitch hike to Oregon. Trudy
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

My girls are now 10 weeks old and have been out in their coop and run for a month now. Just this week they began finally putting theirselves to bed! Like yours if we waited to long to go put them to bed they would be asleep in a corner of the run. One night we even found them all lined up pretty as can be at the door waiting for us to come in and put them in the coop.
roll.png

I have a steep long ladder like yours and we ended up adding more rungs to it. A few days after we did we noticed the girls using it to come down at least part way in the morning rather than flapping like mad from the pophole door. We started placing them at the bottom of the ladder every night and making them walk up it. After a couple of weeks of that they finally have gotten the message. Good luck and I hope your "he" is a "she" afterall!

HI-another Oregonian here. Just wanted to let you know that Burns Feed store(orient drive-near Gresham) can get in all sorts of chicks until August. You just call them and they can order what you want. They run between 1.75 and 3.00 each depending what you want. They are supposed to be 90-95%n accurate on sexing. I am waiting until my old coop is set up before I get mine. I can't wait!!! Your babies are beautiful!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom