Putting the ducks away at night.....

kwack

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Delaware County
Our five ducks are seven weeks old today. We are in a suburban neighborhood and they free-range during the day and get locked in a duckhouse at night because we've seen foxes around sometimes. Anyway, usually we have to "guide" them into the duckhouse ( I do enjoy watching my 5 and 8 yearold girls herding the ducks) but tonight I was a little late going out to put them in the duckhouse for the night and... voila....they had put themselves away! :DExcept for Angel the big dumb blond Pekin. She/he was wandering around the back of the house trying to find everybody.

These pics are three weeks old - BUSY! BUSY! BUSY!
SPECK
24287_img_6468.jpg

ANGEL
24287_img_6467.jpg

AC
24287_img_6466.jpg

JAX
24287_img_6465.jpg

LOKI (my Cayuga that had torticollis/wry neck - TOTALLY normal)
24287_img_6464.jpg

Good for them! My ducks go into the dog house inside of their pen every night too. ( I am always going out to peak and see what they are doing) Pretty smart birds! I Love them as you can tell by my log in name.

Cute duck pictures! I like to see everyone else's ducks. You should post these on the DUCK thread asking for duck photos.

hahaha....mine do that quite often, I just have to wait long enough. But I really like watching my husband herd them! In fact, I'm going to do a youtube soon of the herding process.

Last edited:
Quote:
Speck and Jax came labeled WH as we ordered Welsh Harlequins, AC's egg was labeled X/P which we assumed meant extra Pekin as we we shipped a baker's dozen but s/he is almost identical to Speck.

Thanks for checking the thread.
big_smile.png

I am the guardian of 6 ducks for my brother and they go in by themselves everynight. I have only been letting them out for a week now so they were quite used to the pen. They are very fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom