putting things into perspective.

oesdog

Crowing
13 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Ireland
You know I came on here today feeling really low and depressed. Dh not being too good today and all the pressure of looking after disabled folk here. DD is moving away soon and all the endless lists of things and worries and all that.

I opened up this section in the forum ready to offload so much of my own stress and upset and tention.
Then I got to looking at some of the thread titles. Folk suffering from all kinds of medical conditions. Some of which are incurable cancers and it really does put feelings and emotions into perspective.

Oes

Last edited:
:hugs Sometimes it's nessacary to vent given how much you have going on in your life. There will always be people worse off than you or I, but that shouldn't keep us from aknowlegding how hard our lives can be at times. Our feelings count too. :hugs

Oes, don't compare apples with oranges - your issues are just as weighty and important.
bow.gif

And remember: you never know, when you are facing your trials, who will look to you as a hero. It may be some of those people with those "incurable medical conditions".

Oes, don't compare apples with oranges - your issues are just as weighty and important.
bow.gif

And remember: you never know, when you are facing your trials, who will look to you as a hero. It may be some of those people with those "incurable medical conditions".
Thanks for that.

Some days here it can be really frustrating. DH and I are exhausted. We were trying to get away for a few days but things seem to be so against us. A few months ago we were thinking of catching a week away in Spain as DH has been so sore we wanted to keep the heat in him a while longer! He always feels batter and moves better in the warmth. We managed to get a weeks resbite for Dan - but there was no one to look after the Managerie! So we then managed to figure getting the big old english into Kennels and we had hoped to farm the little dog out. Which was fine as at the time we had offers! Now we don't so he is comming with us. The Chickens are being cared for by my sister in law! Then the Cat got sick so he is now going to the Vet Cattery and getting surgery while there. Then we couldn't get any flights the times we needed and so we gave up on the idea and thought we would just take the little dog and head away in the caravan for a week. Great we thought and then the weather changed and its driving rain and high winds here and freezing already! To top it off our daughter has decided to move house this week and wants us to help her!!!!! So much for trying to escape! At least I have a weeks respite for Dan but half of me feels it is waisted if we have to hang around here and help pack boxes and get more exhausted! I now have DDs rabit in the shed to "care for! " even though she knows I am not going to be here? So sister in law will have to mind the Rabit and the hens! She even wanted DH to go round and paint her living room over today - Dh said NO we are supposed to be going away tomorrow and its all a bit much. He is sore and she doesn't "get it"! He can't be doing all that stretching and climbing ladders safely anymore and the last thing we need is him really ill again. He is supposed to be having back surgery soon. - UGH! Want to tear my hair out! Don't know if I should pack or not or cancel the Dog and probably have a hefty bill for short notice! Also I didn't realise the Dog didn't have its Kennel cough vaccine so I had to rush and get it but now he only has 8 clear days and the Kennels need 10 clear days before boarding? So they might not let him stay anyhow! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
The world is against us! We are doomed to camp in the yard again!
th.gif

I still have my own stuff to pack, Dans bags to pack, instructions to give to Sister in Law and Dh to organize and the Dog to Pack and the Cat to Pack and it is the twins birthday tomorrow but Dan is going away so I have to do a Birthday tea today! HELP!!!!!
Oes
barnie.gif

Last edited:
bow.gif

X 2 ....

Oesdog,

You know my trials and tribulations. Mine are not minor in any way! Still, I would not want to walk the road you have had to travel for all the money in the world.... I truly believe that God choses the STRONG to carry these loads. You may feel tired and weak at the moment and it will NEVER seem fair, but you are STRONG.

Chin up my dear, get some sleep, and tomorrow will not seem so bad. Your DD can pack her own stuff
hide.gif
.... You need to get some rest so that you can continue to be the wonderful caregiver that you have been.
old.gif

We had relatives come in and watch dad for 2 nights. We went to a hotel and slept for almost 24 hours straight. That was the first break, the first help, that the family had provided in 5 years.... GET some REST while you can...
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Last edited:
My head is spinning just from reading all that! I wish I was closer. I'd have come over to help you anytime. Good luck with everything
hugs.gif

Well the day is half over here now comming 5pm.
I have managed to get Dan sorted and all the animals have been fed and out in the grounds. The Rabbit was put in the shed this morning as I think it will get too cold outside having been in DDs house for a month. I am totally exhausted. Dh did some baking today so Dan got a lovely Birthday cake. We are not doing anything really big here. Family came over for afternoon T and cake and Dan got to sing happy Birthday other than that he doesn;t know much. We saw Ben yesterday and gave him his gift. It was quite hard to deal with him as his Brain injury means he doesn;t have a filter between the brain and the mouth. The care worker who was with him was in stitches - DH got him some kind of I pad kind of thing ( Sorry I am totally old and out of date but you get my drift.) Anyhow once he had opened the gift he promptly announced that we had rightly Buxxxxed things up for him?????
barnie.gif
Apparently he had seen a deal on one and a moblile phone when he was out with the carer last week????? DH bit his lip and started to tell him how to use it and what it was able to do. He seemed happy then. It is very hard work sometimes when you have a very intelligent boy with a brain injury. Latest thing is that he is apparently flying to Australia? To meet folk he met on the Net???? He wont even get a bus to the next town! Still it is a scary thing because youo can;t stop him from doing things because he is an adult at 26yrs. I am so glad his care workers are having to deal with it all NOT ME!!!!!! So now today I didn;t have to deal with Ben at all. I still have not figured dinner which is probably going to be some kind of Indian thing I guess. My wardrobes are sorted so I now can find my winter stuff for going away! Sister in Law was over so the Chicken and Rabbit instructions are given. Now I have to double check Dans Bag and pack his meds. - Sort the Dog out and the cat out and have a really large glass of something very strong! And DD was over and DH gave her painting things - I guess she is going to paint today herself and we will doubtless help with her move but I am not doing too much this time!

Math ace I can so relate to this!!!!!
hugs.gif

We had relatives come in and watch dad for 2 nights. We went to a hotel and slept for almost 24 hours straight. That was the first break, the first help, that the family had provided in 5 years.... GET some REST while you can...
Oes

Last edited:
Still amazed that the rabbit got to stay in a shed. Pampered bunny!

Ours stay in the hutch through blizzards, LOL. Well, I did bring them in when hurricane Sandy was going through last fall, but that was only because I was worried the hutch could blow over.
My neighbor who has 6 rabbits thought I was being overly cautious, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom