Puzzled

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by shadowmane, May 28, 2012.

1. Okay, I got this chick with a batch of Red Rangers from the feed store. It was supposed to be a Red Ranger, but its not feathering out like the others, and its not growing like the others. I did get 5 Golden Comets, but I can pick them out from the Red Rangers, and there are 5 of them. This one is smaller than the rest of them, so I'm thinking its a banty, or a slower growing breed. Its 2 weeks old. Here's the pictures. Maybe you can help me determine what breed this is.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2012
  2. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

Do you have pictures with the others to compare? Looks like one to me, but I have nothing to compare it to :idunno

3. [​IMG]

That's the chick in question on the bottom beside one of the monster Red Rangers. Note how the Red Ranger is more feathered out, and is much bigger.

4. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Songster

Oct 2, 2009
    Production Red?

5. It could be. I think they had some Production Reds and/or RIR's. They also had some Speckled Sussex as well. My Red Rangers was one of the last orders they made.

Um... what happened to all of my pictures. I had four up there, now there's only one.

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  6. Okay, its definitely not a broiler chick. All of the other broilers have feathered out almost half way, and this one is still getting its tail feathers and chest feathers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: