Pyncheon Breeder

RustyHart

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 12, 2009
Northern Michigan
Hello to everyone. I have raised and shown poultry/livestock since 1967.... I have been raising Pyncheons Bantams for 15 years...I also have a flock of Shetland ducks and a larger flock of Scottish Blackface Sheep.....and a few Rhinelander Rabbits. I am a breeder of Dahlias as well and keep about 100 varieties (1,200 plants). I'm sure I'll meet alot of new people and get some wonderful help from this group. I'm a talker and a listener.....Best regards, Rusty Hart (Irish Acres)

welcome-byc.gif

Could you post pictures of your Pyncheon
fl.gif

I have no current photos.....(I need to take some new ones)....but there is a photo of one of my cockerels on "feathersite".....I have Mille Fleur and Porcelain. Thanks for the welcome......R

When we get some nicer weather and NOT so much cold and snow...I'll get the camera out and try and get some more photos....Also...I'm not really sure HOW to post a photo in this group....(???) I want it to warm up so I can get some eggs in the incubators....Thanks everyone for the nice welcome. Rusty

Pyncheons!!!!

I've been really interested in these for a while, but I don't have any yet.

I even came across your name when I was obsessively trying to research them online (not much info to be found..) but I don't think I ever found your contact info.

I'm so interested in hearing more about these. What little info I've found on them seems to indicate that what Pyncheons exist are pretty inbred because of the tiny population, and tend to have low fertility. And they don't lay very heavily. Is this true?

Hoping to hear a lot about your Pyncheons!

There is not much written history of the breed.....Hawthorne says that the breed was over a hundred years old before he ever got them....that puts them around the year 1750..... The standard only recognizes them in the Mille Fleur color....they are supposed to have a single comb.....red earlobes and willow/yellow legs..... There are a few breeders out there....how pure the stock is....????...I don't know. I've crossed a couple birds....but have kept an original bloodline as pure as I can keep it. They are a very proud breed and mature quickly....cockerels love to try and crow at a very early age. I keep about 40-50 breeders....I also raise Shetland ducks....scottish blackface sheep...and Dahlias.

Back
Top Bottom