Pyncheon Breeder

Thanks....Where in Central Florida do you live? I'm planning on moving down to that area this Fall....looking for property. I have had it with the very long Winters up here. Who is your friend with the Rhinelanders may I ask?

I live outside of Ocala. We used to live in Maryland, we moved here three years ago.
tongue.png

My friend is Briget Graham of Hippity Hop Rabbity. She also breeds Fuzzy Lops, Britons, Checkered Giants and Tans.

Anything you can tell me before I make the plunge to Central Florida? Do you have any regrets? How is the job market? I'm packing up Dahlias and Bantams and heading that way....

The weather is usually great, thought a little dry lately.
fl.gif
We are all hoping for rain soon.

I don't really have any regrets, but it wasn't my choice.
tongue.png
I was 15 when we moved.

As to the job market, I can't say it's great but I think it's just the the economic state in general. But it seems to be picking up a little.

All I recommend is bringing PLENTY of shorts & tee shirts! It gets HOT!
ep.gif

Last edited:
My grandfather snowbirded every year to Florida until he passed away in Ft Myers and he loved it there during the winter months.

Look out, it does get hot and hurricane as my aunt and cousins lived there most of their lives. Other than that, its elderly folks' paradise LOL!

I dont know how your sheep will fare down there, it might be too hot.

By the way, your sheep are goreous!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to live in Brazil..I'm used to hot. What are the hottest months and average temps. during that time? Do you use AC every month or just a few months? Thanks

Hottest is from Late May through Early September. It can be well into the 90s all through that time!
Heck it's been pretty hot lately! We usually don't use AC all the time, only from about june to the end of august.

Hi Rusty, so great to see you here. I hope you'll hang out with us and share pyncheon stories and pics. I'd love to hear how your flock is doing.

Jody
your pyncheon pal from PA
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom