pyncheon thread

I like that your male has a nice full neck hackle....not tight and swept back like some do get. Find some shorter hens with less white and you should be able to produce some nice stock. This is a photo of one of my pullets from a couple of yrs. ago....she's pretty young in the photo.....her color and pattern is not too bad. You want a good even ground color on the females and nice small spangles with crisp black/white pattern.
69973_pyncheon_pullet.jpg

Quote:
That may be easier said than done! They are difficult to find, for sure.
You MAY have luck finding eggs or chicks in the spring.

I've shown poultry since 1967 and have only seen Pyncheons shown once. Don't get your hopes up too much. If you do find some there....PLEASE make sure that they have red earlobes and willow/green legs....anything else will be pet quality. You'll have to let us know how it went....Good Luck! .....the full neck hackle issue is VERY common in most Pyncheon flocks.....you want a nice full neck that almost meets in front of the neck above the middle breast area. You also don't want the birds to look too "stilty"....your male looks leggy. I still love his richness of color.....too bad about the extra white....that can be bred out though.... This is some artwork I had done of a pair of Mille Fleur Japanese.....notice the pattern and uniform ground color throughout their bodies....
69973_mille_fleur_japanese_002.jpg

yea come to think of it ive been the the ohio nationals the past 3 years and i dont remember seeing an pyncheons there...well im still going to look...lol

i have been trying to figure out what these birds were. im pretty new to poultry. i was told polish cross, but i have been talking to someother people and they said they were pyncheons liked them up and they shore look like them but i would like to see what you all think. my roo has white legs and i see they aren't to be that color, and my patterns aren't that good neither. i just think they are neat and still try to figure out if i want to breed them or just enjoy them as pets.
103649_fs_003.jpg

103649_fs_001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom